tide is a UK wide network of carers and former carers of people with dementia, hosted by the Life Story Network. Our mission is to be the voice, friend and future of all carers and former carers of people with dementia.
tide enables carers and former carers to use have a powerful collective voice, using their lived experience to raise awareness and respect of their unique needs and rights to influence practice, policy and research at all levels.
In collaboration with carers & former carers tide has established a Development Programme to empower and equip those carers and former carers who want to be actively involved with the knowledge, skills and confidence to bring about positive change. This development programme will be running across the Greater Manchester and Liverpool city regions between October 2017 and March 2018 with funding from the Big Lottery. If you live outside these areas please do get in touch and we’ll look at possibilities.
About the tide Carer Development Programme
We know everyone has their own unique experience of work, life and caring. This is why we offer a variety of modules for different needs and experiences. We will work with you to choose the modules that best suit you, from a programme which includes:
- tide Induction – a short introduction to LSN and tide and how you can be more involved as a carer or former carer
- Maze Runner – an introduction to the ‘maze’ of current legislation, health and social care structures
- Presenting to Influence – develop the essential skills to present your caring experience and message with impact
- Listening & Speaking to Influence – empowering you to effectively communicate with and influence ‘professionals’
- You Can’t Pour from an Empty Cup – understand how to look after your emotional wellbeing on your journey with tide and beyond
After taking part in the Development Programme, we will work with you to identify opportunities where you can put your new and existing skills into practice. We will support you before, during and after to make sure you are fully prepared and have the opportunity to reflect on your experiences.