Are you passionate about carers of people with dementia having their voices heard – we are!
An exciting opportunity has arisen and tide are looking for a dynamic Admin Officer to join our team to help us continue strengthening and increasing the impact of tide in Scotland.
You will play a valuable and key role in supporting the smooth running of the office, supporting the wider team to provide high quality services on a daily basis. You will work with senior management using your initiative to support the implementation of new systems and processes that improve the running of the organisation. The Admin Officer will work with the board of trustees and operations staff to ensure diary management and the coordination of events.
Our work ethos and values appeal to people, who are passionate, values driven, self-directed and flexible team players, who have great interpersonal skills, learn quickly, and relish the opportunity to deliver real social change for people who are caring for or have cared for someone living with dementia.
Location: Home-based in the first instance but the role is based within our Glasgow Office in Robertson House and we expect to return to office working as soon as it is safe to do so
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000 D.O.E (pro rata)
Hours: Part time – 14 hours – 2 days (days are flexible)
Duration: Fixed Term Contract until August 2021 (with option to extend)
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata), flexible working, pension, Medicash option, staff development and training.
Closing date: Friday 6th November at 5pm
Shortlisting: Week beginning 9th November 2020
Interview: Week beginning 16th November 2020
As Admin Officer, you will:
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Provide support for general office functions, on line (in the interim) with excellent IT skills & knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word/Excel
- Have working knowledge of Zoom and its functionality
- Oversee the planning and delivery of all logistical arrangements in regard to events, workshops, meetings; including overnight accommodation and making travel arrangements
- Manage the procurement of office equipment, supplies, marketing and project literature to ensure that supplies are timely and cost efficient
- Work with the Finance and Resources Manager to oversee day to day finance functions such as petty cash, payment of invoices and payment of expenses for staff and volunteers.
- Organise and update and maintain both electronic and manual filing systems
tide received charitable status in January 2020 and works with carers of people with dementia, investing in their personal development to unlock their potential; we empower them to recognise their own value and the contribution they make as individuals and as a collective. We do this through our Carer Development Programme, our Involvement Network and providing influencing opportunities at national, regional and local level.