Sharing Your Lived Experience
Have you been asked to deliver a presentation or do you want to deliver a presentation/talk in the future?
These workshops will help you share your caring journey and experiences with other carers, health and social care professionals, key stakeholders and the wider general public.
You will develop the essential attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver effective presentations, giving your message impact and overcoming nerves.
This is a two part course - please attend on both weeks.
The 2nd workshop will give carers the opportunity to practice delivering presentations and feel confident in doing so.
You are registering for 7th and 14th of February 2023
The workshops will;
• Discuss fears about presenting and identify strategies to manage them and challenging emotions
• Give you tools for preparing, structuring & delivering a presentation
• Discuss visual aids and other techniques which can grab and maintain your audience’s attention
• Tips on managing questions in your presentation
• An opportunity to deliver short presentations and receive peer feedback to develop & improve your performance
7 Feb 2023
19:00 - 21:00